Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Musings...

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! (drum roll, please)

Well, okay. It's at least the moment that I've been waiting for (and yet, also dreading). My month long challenge is over, and I weighed in this earlier this morning. It took me awhile to force my eyes to open up and look down at the red number on the scale, but once I did, I was genuinely pleased. Though I did not reach my "crazy goal" of losing 10 pounds this month, I did lose 4 pounds. And I was very happy with that! A pound a week isn't bad at all.

February was a good month, but it had it's share of bumps along the way. Some days I felt very motivated to exercise, other days I didn't. Some days I felt full and satisfied, other days it seemed that I was constantly hungry. But I loved having this goal in front of me, and it was very motivating to know that I'd be reporting my weight loss to all of you at the end of the month!

And because of that, I've decided to make another goal. This time, for the month of March. It will be slightly different this time, because I'm not going to make it so outrageous. But it will still be challenging, especially as I've taken a temporary job (8 weeks, 15 hours a week) and finding time to exercise will be slightly more difficult. I'm going to have to get creative, and most likely, I'm going to have to wake up earlier in the morning to get my exercising done. That doesn't sound very fun to me, but I know that it will be worth it!

This month, my goal is to lose 5 pounds. I think that I can do it, and I'm going to work hard to achieve it! My mom and I were discussing recently how I've gained about 10 pounds back this winter, and that has been very discouraging to me. I believe this is because I'm not nearly as active throughout the day, like I am in the spring and summer when the weather outside in nice. So naturally, it's easy to pack on extra pounds. That's why I'm trying to force myself to be more motivated and conscience about the decisions that I make every day. And I think that making small, reasonable goals (and working hard to achieve them!) will help me get this extra "winter insulation" off.

So, here I go again! I've got a goal to work toward.....and lots of work to do. I'm rejoicing in what I was able to accomplish this past month and hoping for great things upcoming month.

Happy March! (And Happy 20 days till spring!)

Bekah

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hello Bekah!

I so admire what you are doing and although I've never been really overweight, I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from.

Have you ever tried going on a juice fast? I don't want to discourage what you're doing now, but did you know that you can lose up to a pound a day doing a juice fast? Last month, I did a four-day juice fast and lost five pounds. Of course, the hard part is keeping it off after you're finished, but even after I went back on regular food - as long as I didn't over eat - I stayed the same weight.

Just a thought! I surely don't want to make what you're doing sound ineffective, I just wanted to be sure you knew that there were faster ways to lose weight and still be healthy.
God bless you!

Hannah