Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Favorites...

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful week. The reason for the lack of posts this past week is because I was out of town, soaking up the warm sunshine in Missouri. It only took me about a day to realize that I didn't need to wear my winter coat while we were down there, and being out in the fresh air was energizing. I simply can't wait for spring to arrive!

While in Missouri, I was reminded of how fun it is to go roller skating. And because I had such a wonderful time, my favorite thing this week is roller skating! My two sisters (Hannah and Leah) and I were in MO for a Bible Quizzing tournament, and once the quizzing was over for the weekend, everyone headed over to the rink for some more fun and fellowship. I hadn't gone roller skating in years, and it took me a few minutes to remember the technique of how to stay upright (I only slipped once...lol) but after that, I took off - and there was no stopping me! It was so enjoyable, and a different kind of exercise than my normal routine. I actually worked up a sweat after roller skating for two hours! And now, I'm hooked. I might even try to get over to our local roller rink sometime soon. I wish that I had some pictures that I could upload, but the lighting was so awful that our pictures wouldn't turn out.

Even though it was a great trip, it was still kind of tough. I hardly got any exercise that whole week, and during the days of quizzing it's just a lot of sitting. So, I tried to stand and walk whenever possible....always took the stairs...and drank a lot of water. That's why I was so excited to go roller skating! I was able to get up and moving for 2 hours, and it felt great.
But our eating schedule was different, and we had to eat out twice a day. I made the smartest choices that I could and ate until satisfied, which was the only way to keep from completely falling off course. After spending a few days with new friends and eating out with them, one commented, "Wow, you sure like salads!".

I'm doing my best to reach my 5 pound weight loss goal for this month, and I'm really hoping that week off doesn't screw things up. I've managed to exercise every day this week, even getting up at 5:30am one morning so that I could fit it in before the busyness of the day began. I'm trying hard! And boy, I can tell. Just a few sore muscles right now...which means it's working. *smile*

Smiling because of Him,
Bekah

P.S. Hannah, thanks for commenting! I'm planning to post an answer on Monday. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bekah,

I am glad to hear that your trip went well. Thank you for your example of choosing the healthiest items when it would have been easy to slack off! This encourages me to not give in even when temptation is really close and easy to give into.

It is great to hear from you again!
Joyfully, Mary