Sunday, November 23, 2008

What goes up must come down!

This week, I was very determined. Very focused. Very confident. Most often, when I have a week where my weight balloons up, the following week I plummet back down. And that was the case this week! I lost 3 pounds, so I'm back to 168lbs.

But, I don't want to make it sound like I had an easy week. It wasn't easy! I pushed myself a little harder, a little longer during the 3 days I do cardio only. I ran up our stairs multiples times, did hundreds of step-ups on a stool, and did jumping jacks to keep my heart rate up. No time for relaxing during a workout! I want to make my time and effort worth it. :-)

Thanksgiving is this Thursday, so I've decided that I'll weigh in that morning, even though it is a day early. Every day counts with weightloss, so I'm not sure what will happen on Thursday, but I guess I'll just find out. I know that I don't want to weigh in the day after my "cheat meal"! That might not be pretty.

On another note, my "time of the month" began on Friday night, which always makes things interesting. I was planning to get up early on Saturday morning to exercise before we left for the day, but I wasn't feeling very well (aka cramps) and had spent several hours awake that night. I really wrestled in my mind about whether or not to get up and jump on the treadmill. I wanted to sleep!!! I spent a few minutes laying there, weighing the pros and cons and I almost made up my mind to just stay in bed and sleep. (I'm so good at making excuses and rationalizing my behavior...) But, I finally decided to roll out of bed and even though I was only able to spend about 15 minutes on the treadmill, I was able to go throughout the day without feeling guilty about skipping a workout. Hurray! I don't think I burned very many calories, but it was more than I would have sleeping. :-)

I find it rather fascinating what my body craves when it's "that time of the month". This time - it's been all about carbs!!! Oh, bummer. I already struggle with that enough...our homemade bread has been calling my name all weekend! But at least I'm not craving chocolate, seeing I can't have that right now. I'm just trying to control my carb intake and not let it get out of hand!

More later ~Bekah

No comments: