Sunday, September 14, 2008

New glasses...




This has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, but I wanted to post it anyway. =) I bought some new glasses this week, as my 5 year old pair got a crack in one of the lenses and were pretty much worn out. It was quite fun picking these out! My old glasses were the "blend into your face" kind, which isn't bad - but I wanted something a little more...exciting! Anyway, I'm getting used to what I look like in them. I keep thinking someone else is looking back at me in the mirror!
We went out to eat after church today to celebrate Hannah's 16 birthday (which was on Thursday). We planned to go to Olive Garden, but we didn't really feel like waiting for an hour to get a table....so she picked Red Lobster instead. I personally am not a huge fan of fish, so I settled on the Apple Walnut Chicken Salad. It was yummy! It had a vinaigrette dressing with grilled chicken and red peppers mixed in with the lettuce, apples and walnuts. And, I limited myself to having one of the cheesy garlic biscuits. Everything in moderation, remember? You can eat out and eat smart! Restaurants are no excuse for throwing your new healthy lifestyle diet out of the window. Plan what you're going to have ahead of time and stick to your plan. Tell your family/friends what you're going to order so they can keep you accountable. Look for things that are grilled not fried, steamed veggies instead of potatoes or coleslaw for your side, and don't cave into the desserts! I've found that almost every restaurant serves fruit smoothies, so if you really have a sweet craving, get a smoothie and split it with someone. You leave the restaurant feeling satisfied and energized, not stuffed and lazy. =)
Have a great week! ~Bekah






4 comments:

Kitti Klicks said...

Hello Bekah,

You look cute as a button! I like the new glass!

I just wanted to say that you are the biggest copy cat! You changed your layout to the same as mine. But I guess I can forgive you:) It really looks great. I like your taste and remember great minds think alike.

Love Chrissy

-C A I T L Y N said...

Bekah!

Those glasses look fantastic! You are so pretty! I hope you are having an awesome week! :)

Bekah May said...

Aww...shucks! You guys are too sweet - but that's why I love you. =)I feel like I haven't seen you both in forever! Let's get together soon...well, asap for you, Chrissy. It doesn't really help that you're out of the country right now!

-C A I T L Y N said...

Yes that would be really fun! I feel like I haven't left my house or seen you or anyone in that case forever!!!!!!!!!