Sunday, July 27, 2008

The treadmill story...






How many girls does it take to get a treadmill into the house? Our answer: As many as you have!

Actually, our main problem was not getting the treadmill into the house. We got it in just fine. The hard part was maneuvering it through the kitchen and down the hallway to get it to it's new home - our laundry room.



Once we cleared a big pathway, Mom and I managed to get it right outside the laundry room, but we couldn't fit the bottom of the treadmill through the doorway. So, we decided to push it back out into the kitchen and turn it around, thinking that if we came in a different angle it might fit. Well, that didn't quite work either. By this time, we were getting quite frustrated with the thing! And as you can see, we were ruining our nice wood door frames. All we needed was one more inch of space and it would fit! Then my Mom had an idea. She concluded that the only way to make it fit through required taking off some of the wood door frames. I mean, why not? We'd already taken 2 of our doors off of their hinges to get it this far. Why not disassemble more of the house? (Please remember - my dad wasn't home at this time. You should have seen his face when we told him what we did!)


After a little more pushing and pulling, grunting and groaning, we finally got it to budge enough to get it into the laundry room. Victory! It was quite the ordeal, and I have a feeling that we won't be moving it anytime soon. :-)

I have a nice wall to look at while exercising, and I plan on putting some Scripture verses or encouraging words on it. Because, it is kinda boring staring at a blank wall for an hour. I need to liven it up a little! Add a splash of color or something. Maybe I'll stick up a "Before" picture to give me extra motivation.
We've had a busy weekend around here, and I haven't gotten as much sleep as usual, so I'm going to catch a quick nap now.
Resting in Him ~Bekah

No comments: