Monday, June 2, 2008

More recent photo...


Yesterday was so nice and sunny, and I asked one of my sisters to take a more recent picture of me that I could post on here. We fought the strong breeze, shadows from branches, and my inability to "just smile!" on command, and this is the best we could come up with. :-) Not going to win an award, but you get the idea.

I had time to do a little shopping yesterday afternoon, and I'm still learning how to find my size now. My eyes still haven't adjusted yet to where I can hold something up and say, "Yeah, that should fit." without looking at the size. And, I get to search for things in a whole new section of the store, as I'm finally out of the "Plus Size" section. (And I'm never going back!)
So, while shopping for bargains at Goodwill and Stuff Etc., I'd grab something off the rack, look at the tag and check the size, put it back on the rack, and then think, "Oh, wait! I'm wearing a Large now, aren't I? That actually might fit!". (Well, I wear a Large in most stores, but it kind of depends on the brand name. Last night, I had to laugh as I sported a pajama outfit I'd gotten at Target that was labeled Large (didn't have time to try it on) but it wasn't quite large enough for me. My family got a kick out of it! You all know what spandex looks like, right? *giggle* )

I haven't begun packing yet, and I've got a million things to do before leaving later this afternoon, so this is going to be a short and sweet post. I may be able to post a little something while I'm in CO, but if not - I'll write a complete report when I get back!

Looking unto Jesus ~ Bekah

No comments: