Friday, June 13, 2008

It's about time...

With all of the flooding and storms we've had here in Eastern Iowa, I haven't been able to spend as much time blogging. When we're able to have the computer turned on it's in high demand. :-)

Because I didn't weigh in until Sunday last week, I knew my weigh in this week might not show a weight loss. It's hard to drop a pound in 5 days! As I suspected, I didn't actually lose another pound, but I maintained my weight. I'm hoping that I'm gaining muscle weight as I'm exercising more, and muscle weighs more than fat, so sometimes the scale may show an actual weight gain (which makes my heart race a little!) but it's a good thing. My problem: I don't know whether I'm gaining muscle or not with our little bathroom scale. But I just keep pushing onward!

Another way to chart success is by inches lost. I noticed while in Colorado that certain clothes seemed loose on me, especially around my hips. Clothes that I'd bought within the last few weeks! So, that's encouraging. The scale is not my final answer!

I went to the library earlier this week and stocked up on some more nutrition books. I checked out the American Dietetic Association Nutrition Guide which is at least 800 pages long and also the Dummies Book of Nutrition and Health. I also found a book targeted to teens in regard to weightloss. (I'm curious to see what's out there for teens to read - what advice people give to them.) And I grabbed a few more books from Christian authors like Dr. Don Colbert and Jordan Rubin. I'm not whole-heartedly supporting and following either author, but I've enjoyed reading their thoughts and wisdom on weight loss and healthy living. Again, I'm praying that the Lord would give me His wisdom on how he wants me to live and move and have my being! My family kinda looked at me funny as I walked into the house with my arms full of books. Knowledge is power! I want to be educated.

Whoa! Time flies. I still have to exercise and weed the garden this afternoon, so I have to sign off.

Following Him ~ Bekah

1 comment:

Grace Mally said...

I want you to teach me what you're learning from all those books sometime! Nutrition fascinates me. :)
Wow, Bekah, I have to say you looked great at Bright Lights tonight. I keep being "stunned" repetitively and I praise God for how he's working in your life!