Monday, October 19, 2009

Birthday Bash











These pictures are from my birthday last Thursday. It was a fun, exciting day! Dad bought me some beautiful flowers (as is the tradition in our family), Mom tried to burn down the house while making my birthday dinner (don't drape a towel over the dinner rolls rising on the back of the stove while the front burner is turned on!), Avalon made me a unique strawberry cake and she and Bethany helped me blow all 21 candles out, and I enjoyed eating the dark chocolate Mom bought me - instead of Avalon's cake (which didn't appeal to me at all anyway - I'm not a cake person.) It was a special day!


I haven't posted in almost a month. Partially because I haven't had time, and partially because I haven't had a lot of news to report. I'm still floating around in the low 180's. I've begun cutting some carb calories and replacing with protein calories in the past few days, which is hard for me to do! I wish it was the other way around. But I realized that I had been overloading in the carb catagory...my comfort food! So even though it hasn't been the easiest thing to cut, I'm doing okay.


And I'm a little frustrated right now, because the "magic key" that turns on our treadmill has disappeared in the past week. I've looked everywhere that I can think of, but it hasn't turned up yet. Because of that, I've been doing my DVD's more (which I actually prefer anyway) and spending more time doing weight training. Eesh! My poor muscles can tell. I had an interesting experience last week when I bought a t-shirt from Walmart. I brought it home, tried it on and discovered that the arm holes were a lot smaller than I thought they would be. In fact, my arm barely squeezed through them! Every other area fit perfectly. Hmmm....the only thing I can come up with is that my arm muscles are getting bigger and don't fit quite so well. I certainly haven't gained fat in my arms, so it has to be muscle! At least, that's what I'm choosing to believe. :-)


So, I'm cutting overall calories and specific carb calories and hoping for a better number this coming Friday. And I'm praying that we find the little key for the treadmill!
Blessings!
Bekah


No comments: