Saturday, March 14, 2009

Control...Control...Control yourself, Bekah!

Whew! My apologies for going so long without writing. After that whole week of feeling achy and weak, I've finally gotten back to normal. Exercising was done a little slower and a little less intensive for the first few days that I was up and around again. Things that were easy seemed quite a bit harder! Coming off of a week of sickness and laying around and having a tiny appetite, (which resulted in my four pound loss) I was assuming that I'd gain weight this week, simply because I have my normal appetite back and my body isn't fighting sickness anymore. That wasn't an excuse for me to ""take it easy" another for another week, though. If anything, I tried to push harder! But that was difficult seeing I felt so...behind, so weak. I've been having a lot of fun with my newest cardio workout DVD, and doing something new gave me just the boost I needed to keep plugging along. It also showed me which muscles I needed to concentrate on strengthening, as I was a little sore after doing some "new" exercises. One thing I've learned about exercise is this - There is always room for improvement!


I think that one of the benefits of being sick (believe me, there's only a few!) was the fact that I was gently reminded again of my weakness for making larger portion sizes than I really need. Oh! This is always a struggle for me. Now, instead of getting full from chips - I stuff myself with broccoli....or something nutritious. =) It doesn't really matter that I've switched to eating more healthy if I still can't control myself! The food isn't the problem - giving into my flesh is the problem.

So, I've been attempting to prepare adequate sized meals this weekend. I'm trying to stop rushing my meals and eating slowly. Not pathetically slow, just slower that what I had been doing. My stomach doesn't have taste buds, only my mouth. So why shovel food down without even enjoying how it tastes? That only sets me up to want more food. Are you seeing the opportunity for a vicious cycle?

The scale showed 167 this week. And even though that is two pounds higher than last week, I was actually encouraged by that. Sure, I would have loved to continue losing! But I'm just glad that my body didn't go back to it's "set point" of 168. This week my goals are to move more and eat controlled portions. Easier said than done! But with the nicer weather I've already spent more time outside this weekend. I can't wait till spring!

I will heighten my resolve to post more often. Maybe I should do a video blog. I can talk a lot faster than I can type. LOL!

Blessings on your week ~ Bekah

No comments: