Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaching at Bright Lights

Last night, I had an awesome time teaching and sharing at Bright Lights. (For those of you who aren't familiar with Bright Lights, it's a discipleship program for young girls that was started over 11 years ago by my dear friend, Sarah Mally. I've been involved with Bright Lights for over 10 years, and all of my sisters are a part of the group at well. You can find out more about it at http://www.brightlights.info/) Sarah had asked me to share my weight loss testimony with the girls, along with some of the spiritual principles the Lord has been teaching me as I've been on this journey.

So at the meeting last night, I spent an hour telling the girls about how the Lord set this captive free! It was a little difficult planning a message to share to a group of girls that didn't necessarily need to lose weight, as that is such a huge part of my testimony - I could talk about that for hours! So I asked the Lord to give me wisdom on how to speak to both audiences, and address things that everyone struggles with, no matter what your size. I was encouraged as He gave me the words to speak, because I didn't have as much time to prepare as I was hoping for. It was another opportunity for me to practice following the lead of the Holy Spirit! We had great fun, the girls were very enthusiastic and responsive, and I'd love to do it again. :-) More later ~Bekah


2 comments:

-C A I T L Y N said...

I wish I could've come to it! My sis filled me in on all the details though! She LOVED it!

Luv,
Caitlyn

Sarah Mally said...

Love to do it again...? You can be sure that I'll never forget that you said that! :-) Thanks so much again for teaching. It was super! Love, Sarah