Saturday, October 11, 2008

Surrender

Whew! I had class out here yesterday, so my time was spent throwing a few last minute details together, teaching the class, and spending a little bit of time relaxing that evening with my family.

In all the busyness however, I did manage to find time to step on the scale. (But believe me, I wish I didn't have time in my schedule!) I stepped on and then saw the red numbers flash 168lbs at me. Okay, so I stayed the same this week. Not was I was hoping for, but better than going up.

I actually had fun exercising this week, and felt like I had my eating under the control of the Spirit. It was a great week all around. Life is so much more enjoyable when you yield to the Spirit! The challenging part is to make the choice to yield...I often wonder why I struggle so hard and resist the act of surrendering when I know that only by yielding and surrendering will I have genuine joy and victory. I totally understand Paul's writing in Romans 7! "I do not do what I want to do, and what I do not want to do, this I keep on doing." It's only by God's grace, Christ's victory, and the enpowerment of the Holy Spirit that we can be people who choose surrender over resistance, and victory over defeat.

I'm so grateful to the Lord for showing me that it's just not worth fighting Him! Give it up. Get out of your chair when you'd rather indulge in laziness. Put down the spoon and forget the extra helping that will make you feel uncomfortably full. Walk away from the junk food and start talking with Jesus to keep your mind off of it. What will you gain by giving all that up? A stronger body, a controlled appetite, and some sweet fellowship with your Savior. Worth the fight? I don't think so.

All to Jesus I surrender...I surrender all ~Bekah

2 comments:

Dani said...

Bekah,
I don't personally know you but I FEEL like I do, because I've heard SO MUCH about you! :) It was a tough act to follow, let me tell ya, being Dani instead of Bekah in Asia! (wink) Some of the girls there asked about you the young ones at the conference as well as the older leaders. Anyhow, I wanted you to know that your site is SO encouraging to me! What a beautiful testimony your life is!! I wish I could meet you all the more after seeing the awesome heart you have through your posts. God bless you and keep you strong and obedient to His Spirit! And thank you for the challenge to me, as well. :)
~Danielle Sobie

Bekah May said...

Dani,

I feel the same way - I wish I could meet you, too! I was so excited to see how the Lord provided you and Chelsea to join the group to Singapore this year. From what I hear, you did an awesome job! Somebody has to keep everyone laughing, you know...;-)

I'm glad you found my blog and that you find it encouraging. Praise the Lord! He's so faithful. He truly does take our weaknesses and turn them into strength!

Abundant blessings to you ~ Bekah