Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To........Me!







Yes, it's true. Another year in my life has gone by. Because I turned 20 today, I've been forced out of the "still a teenager" status and thrust into the "young single adult" state of being. Isn't it exciting?

The obvious "before" picture was taken in August of 2007, about 2 months before I began my serious weight loss journey. I remember that when it was my turn to push the paddles I did great...for the first 3 minutes. Then my legs were burning, and I couldn't wait to switch with someone else - which was quite the balancing act out in the middle of the lake! But, wow. I knew that I wanted to look back and find pictures from last year around my birthday, but I wasn't prepared to see this. My flame of passion for exercising and eating healthy has been fueled again! Oh, praise the Lord! I really have come a long way. It's too easy to become discouraged along the way, especially when the weight doesn't come off nearly as fast as I'd like it to. Pictures like these keep me motivated, because I'm never going back!
The other picture was taken in the rain today. The differences between the pictures still make me stop and stare! I've gone from a size 24 jeans to a size 16 (I can squish into a 14, but let's just say it's not the most flattering look yet!) and in fact the outfit I'm wearing today is a ladies 12/14. Yeehaw! Instead of shopping for XXL sizes, I'm always on the hunt for Large clothes.
Yep, I've come a long way. I could write more, but I don't want to spend my whole birthday on the computer. :-) Rejoicing in the faithfulness of God! ~Bekah






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome, Bekah! Congratulaitons and happy birthday! Love ya!

Sarah Mally said...

Happy Birthday, Bekah! What an amazing year it's been for you! You look so great. Hope you're having a terrific day.
Love, Sarah

Grace Mally said...

Happy Birthday, Bekah!
God has really done some special things in and through you this past year.
I'm so excited about how much weight you've lost and how much glory you are bring to the LORD through it!! It's amazing.
I often think about how God equipped you with just the perfect personality and writing style for the topic, as well.I know everyone's enjoying your blog, so keep it up! :)
Thanks for your transparency.
Hope to see you again soon.
Love ya so much...
Grace

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Bekah!!! It has been so encouraging to watch you this past year- to see how much weight you have lost and how much you have truly gained spiritually! This has really been a life changing year for you. Thank you so much for sharing your struggles and your victories!

Much love,
Nickie

-C A I T L Y N said...

Well I am sorry to be a day late...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It has been such a blessing knowing you these past years. It has also been a joy seeing how God has been working through you in this journey you have been on the last months! You have been a great encouragement and example! I hope you had a fantastic day! Luv Ya and keep up the great work(keep your eyes on the prize)

*Caitlyn*

Christina Edwards said...

Bekah, I had the pleasure of meeting you at the MOMs group last night. Your journey has been amazing, and it is a beautiful testimony to God's strength. The beauty of the Lord shines through you. You have honored the Lord and your parents with the life you are leading. Keep it up, and lay up for yourself treasures where it really counts! ;o)
Christina Edwards

Kitti Klicks said...

Bekah!

Way to go woman!!!! I can't believe the difference. You look awesome. I want you to know that you are not only changing on the outside but the inside as well. You really have matured spiritually this year and that's the best! I love you. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to all of us!

Love, Tigger
PS If the sayings a pic speaks a thousand words, then to Chrissy it speaks ten thousand! Thanks for posting them.