Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here we go again...

Yesterday, we all went up to see the dermatologist in Dubuque again to see if the "magic" blister beetle juice was successful in getting rid of our warts. Leah was the only one who got a clean bill of health. (I'm trying not to be jealous...) Though several of mine did go away, about 5 were still hanging on for dear life. And to make things even more fun, the dermatologist decided it would be better to freeze them this time. He said freezing will do the job just as well, and then we won't have to deal with having our feet wrapped for 2 days. Sounds like a better deal, but that meant immediate pain at the office. Not what I was planning on! Can you say, "OUCH!". There is a reason you don't normally put that stuff on your skin! I have a huge blister in the middle of one foot which is giving me the most pain right now, and I was dissappointed that this meant I couldn't do my normal workout this morning. Nope, no way. I'm doing that "ballerina walk" again. *sigh* Does anyone know any herbal remedies to get rid of these things naturally? I'm willing to try just about anything right now...:-)

So this morning I carefully balanced myself on our exercise ball and lifted weights for a while and then did some core muscle exercises. It's amazing how much one stupid little wart can affect your whole body. My foot was throbbing the whole time which made for a slightly painful workout, but I wasn't about to use that as an excuse for not doing any work. A little is better than nothing!

Oh, I did make that cucumber bread and I like it! It reminds me of zucchini bread a lot. I'll post the recipe later today. I've run out of time this morning.

Toodles!
~Bekah

No comments: