Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Everyday fun...

It had been a whole week. I couldn't wait any longer! I had to walk on the treadmill, no matter how painful it might be. So I hopped on Monday morning and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't hurt too bad. I wasn't feeling guilty for not using the treadmill or stressing about the weigh in. I just missed walking on it! I missed the 45 minutes of walking and panting along with praise music. Exercise can be fun! And I always feel energized when I'm done, not tired. (I can't say that about weight lifting, however. Can you say "burning muscles"?) I think it was great that I found different ways to exercise while my foot was throbbing, though. I'm sure that change in routine greatly added to the significant weight loss last week.


My sisters and I were laughing yesterday as we were cleaning our rooms and sorting through all the clothes in our closets. My beautiful sister Hannah (who has been given the "toothpick" body figure by our Creator) brought down a pile of clothes she was getting rid of, and I jokingly grabbed one of the shirts and told her I wanted to keep it. She laughed and said, "Well, it was too big for me and I never wore it. You can try it if you want to!". So I did. And our laughter turned to amazement. It actually looked okay! Granted, I can't quite button it all the way. It will button, but it's not the most flattering look. *smile* But with a nice shirt underneath, it'll work! Ha! Whadda ya know about that?

This week has been going well so far. I've gone bicyling a few times in addition to walking, which has been a nice change. It's hard to justify walking on the treadmill when it's so gorgeous outside, but there are some pros to it. Walking on the uneven gravel roads yesterday kind of irritated my hips. Good grief. I'm only 19! You'd think I could handle gravel better than that! And I've never had a stupid bug fly into my mouth while walking on the treadmill. That happened yesterday, and if any of our neighbors could see me they probably thought I was seriously choking on something! I was sputtering and clutching at my throat while trying to get that nasty taste out of my mouth. *sigh* Bugs...

Gotta run into town soon and I'm no where near presentable! Toodles ~Bekah

2 comments:

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Bekah,

It was so good to see you today! You look great girl!!!!! I'm a very visual person so I love pics. Could I make a request for some in the near future?

Love Chrissy

Bekah May said...

I don't know if I can handle special requests, Chrissy. Hee! I've been meaning to upload some on here, but I don't usually take "every day" pics of myself. Maybe I'll grab a sister one of these days and get some "post worthy" shots.

BTW, I can totally tell you like pics just by reading your blog. Before any writing, there is always a pic! :-) Maybe I should hire you to help me with mine...

Praying for your trip ~ Bekah