Friday, August 22, 2008

Am I Dreaming???

I've found time to carve out a few minutes of my crazy schedule to post on the dreaded "weigh in" this week. Boy, this weight loss thing is totally unpredictable! Just when you think you have things figured out.....WHAM-OO!......you find out that you don't. :-)

I was very pleased with how the Holy Spirit working in me allowed my spirit to cooperate with Jesus this week. Wait. That's a little confusing. What I'm trying to say is - I had a great week! But it wasn't because of me. I was able to stick to my eating plan, and the biggest difference I made this week was staying out of the pantry (no sneaking tiny snacks) and simply eating smart. (I know, I know. You're shocked, right? Bekah would never sneak snacks! No way! She's NOT supposed to do that!) Yes, well. We all have our moments, don't we? After spending some time thinking and praying about why I seemed to have hit a brick wall these past few weeks, God made it ever so clear to me that I was the problem, not my body. Plain and simple - I was eating too many calories. My "cheat meal" had turned into a "cheat day" and no matter how much I walked on my treadmill, I wasn't able to burn enough off. And, I wasn't eating twinkies and ding-dongs. It was (relatively) healthy stuff. But, I didn't need it - especially not before bed.

So, this week after getting a gentle "DUH, honey!" from the Lord, I made a conscience decision to cooperate with Him. And, I'm pleased to announce that "we" lost 3 pounds this week. Yeah, I know! It's unbelieveable! I couldn't do anywhere near the amount of exercise I usually do. All I did was eat smart - I didn't even keep track of calories this week. So when I got on the scale this morning, I stepped on and off that thing 3 times to make sure it was right. WooHoo!

My advice to y'all - just cooperate with the Lord. If nothing else, it will make you both smile. ~ Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I how you focus everything on Jesus, Becca! Congrats not only on the fabulous weight loss, but also on following Him in everything and not giving in to discouragement. Love ya!

Grace Mally said...

awww... !!
Rejoicing with you,
-Grace
P.S. I love it how I can hear you talk in the way you write. :)