Friday, August 8, 2008

Can you say, "Rollercoaster"?

Good morning! I woke up with the sun this morning and spent about 45 minutes laying in bed till my alarm finally went off. Then, I rolled out of bed and quietly crept downstairs. Oh, I hate Friday mornings! But, they come once a week and I'm learning how to get used to them. :-)

So, I stepped on the scale and waited. The scale flashed the number 176 at me. WHAT?!? That must be wrong! I stepped on again, hoping the scale just wasn't fully awake or something. Then it read 175. Well, that's better...but I was hoping for a 172! Believing that the "third time's a charm", I tried one more time. And it read 177. Okay. Hold on a minute! I have enough to deal with without a schizophrenic scale! Mom thinks the scale needs new batteries...I just know something is wrong with it. But, I'll just count the lowest number (hee!) which was 175 - even though that means I gained 2 pounds this week. My body must be adjusting again or retaining water. I'm not too disappointed. In fact, I first read the scale and went, "Hmm. That's weird. What are you up to, body?". I know I had a great week, so I'm not sitting here feeling guilty about anything. Actually, I can tell that I've lost some inches in my tummy and thighs since I started walking on the treadmill everyday. A good thing! So, whether the scale tells it or not - I am moving forward.

Now, I'm off to replace the batteries in that scale! ~Bekah

1 comment:

Kitti Klicks said...

way to go Bekah! You're right, it's not so much the weight but how your clothes fit and how you feel!