Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Your Turn!

Okay, everybody. I think it's about time for some "reader participation"! I've been so blessed to have wonderful friends who strive to eat a healthy diet and I want to hear from you. I'm always looking for new recipes and snack ideas which I love to use when I feel I've hit a "rut" in my eating habits. (A "rut" = eating the same foods over and over. :-) ) My body needs the important nutrients, but my tongue can get a little tired of repeating certain recipes and food combos. (However, salads and oatmeal don't count!) Time to break out of the cycle again! And I think all of you will enjoy getting some new ideas, too.

So this week (or after, if you don't read this in time!), please post a comment and tell me about your favorite dish, snack, bread, dessert, salad, fruit or veggie combo......whatever! If it's food, it'll work. I can't wait to read what you all come up with! I'll conclude by posting a few of mine at the end of the week.

To get you thinking, let me ask a few questions. What snack do you find yourself reaching for most days? What's your favorite breakfast? Is there a certain kind of salad that you could eat every day for the rest of your life? Do you know a "healthified" version of yummy breads/desserts? What's your favorite way to eat your favorite kind of meat?

Get the idea? Great! Now all you have to do is dig around for those recipes and...................POST!!!

Waiting to hear from you ~ Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bekah!!
The first "recipe" that came to my mind is a very delicious way to make green beans..Mom and I make them this way all the time and LOVE it!!
Take bacon (or even turkey bacon if you prefer) and cook it up with onions. Add mushrooms, some seasoning, and of course your green beans and it makes a wonderful meal!! Especially with garden green beans. :)

Thank you so much for your blog Bekah! I am very encouraged. I know how hard it is to loose weight; I've tried over and over again and eventually I get tired of it. You are such a testimony!! Keep up the good work..
God Bless Bekah, and enjoy!!
Allison Wisecup

Kari said...

Hi, Bekah! Your mom gave me your blog, and I love it! I'm so proud of you. :)

Here's a yummy salad:
2 heads Romaine lettuce
2 pears
2 apples
1 pkg. Craisins (I leave these out--yuck! :))
8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
1 c. cashews
Poppy seed dressing

Chop it all up, mix it together an enjoy!

Also, I just had the summer salad at Panera the other day, and it was so good! Basically it was Iceberg lettuce, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, Mandarin oranges, pecans and poppy seed dressing. So good!

ALSO, I just found these great glazed pecans from Sam's Club. Not sure how healthy they are, but when I'm trying to take baby steps, I figure it's better than a Snickers! Anyway, the brand is Emerald, and they're glazed pecans. I just eat them plain, but you could put them on a salad too!

Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us!

Kari Box