Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Family Vacation











These are a few pictures from our family vacation to Des Moines last weekend! We enjoyed staying in the Adventureland hotel and swimming in the hotel pools on Friday, and then we went to the Adventureland park all of Saturday. It was great! I took the weekend off of "typical exercising" and traded in my gym shoes for a swim suit and flip flops. But it worked out great. We swam for over 3 hours on Friday, and though I didn't swim laps, it was a workout playing with Avalon and Bethany and chasing after them. (We went down the slides countless times, and climbed up stairs to get there.) And on Saturday, we walked several miles in the theme park. (I have blisters to prove it!)
I really feel awful about my lack of posting recently. This Census job is taking up more time than I thought, and blogging just hasn't been a top priority. I appreciate all of your comments and how you've hung in there with me! We have embarked on a new family diet for at least the next 30 days, and I'm planning to explain the diet in my next post. (I can't post about it quite yet, because I haven't finished reading the book. ) It's been quite the challenge...but I love how our fridge is overflowing with fresh fruits and veggies! I made some steel cut oats for breakfast and sprinkled some brown sugar and blueberries on top. Delicious! If you haven't tasted steel cut oats, you MUST! They are so much better than regular rolled oats. Rolled oats tend to be "blah" in the texture category, and steel cut have a nice, hearty texture. I'm hooked!
On a completely different note, I've been memorizing the book of Philippians recently and want to leave you with this verse. I think it sums up my prayer about my weight perfectly!
Philippians 1:20 "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage, so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."
Blessings ~ Bekah











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! And, I'll agree that swimming is a great exercise substitute any day. Burns calories and is super fun!

You're looking great, too!

Amy