Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Musings...


Sometimes, we need a little extra motivation to do something that we don't really want to do. Have you ever felt that way? I did this past week, so I did something about it. And I found that a splash of color was all I needed.


You see, I'd fallen off the wagon and needed to jump back on. The "calorie counting" wagon, that is. I've gotten out of the habit of writing down what I eat, which many "fitness gurus" say is the first key to weight loss success. I was faithful to write things down for months on end by just grabbing the little notebook I kept on top of our refrigerator and jotting down my meals. But, like I mentioned, I've gotten out of the habit of doing that, and I'm motivated to do it again. It really is a helpful tool, and it's just pure laziness that I don't feel like doing it anymore. So, after giving my laziness a good kick in the pants, I resolved to begin recording again....last week...and I've yet to write anything down.


It's not that I didn't want to record, it's just that I couldn't. I didn't have an empty notebook. And my attempts to write things down on a piece of paper wasn't working, as my papers kept getting thrown in the garbage by my uninformed family members. :-)


So today, as I was shopping in Michaels, I noticed a bright, colorful notebook and thought, "Hey - this is perfect!" I love colors, and being the very visionary person that I am, I picked out the brightest, wildest pattern I could find. I'm sure I looked ridiculous as I dug through their bargain bin, pulling out the most outrageous patterns and judging them by their "motivation factor". I settled on a pattern that is has a dark teal pattern with white/purple/lime green/light blue/pink flowers all over it. It's cheerful, colorful, and most of all -motivating. I can't wait to write in it! (Even if I'm only counting calories....)


The moral of this musing is.....find something that will motivate you to reach your goals! Even if all you need is a silly little notebook.


Love, Bekah


No comments: