Friday, June 19, 2009

Woohoo!

Can I get a drumroll, please? *drumroll noise* (How do you write a drumroll noise?) I am so excited because I had another successful week. On Friday, I weighed in at 176lbs, which was 2 more pounds lost that week. Hurray! As I told my family, "I must be on to something!". Really, it's just lower calorie intake and continuing to work out hard. Sounds easy, right? Well, not quite. I am happy to find that it's working - but not enjoying the fact that I have to be so careful about what and how much I eat. I'm always satisfied after each meal, but it is hard to sit there and realize that I can't have what everyone else can. Yes, I've gotten used to eating completely differently than my family does, but sometimes it's easy to get a "poor me" mindset. And it's not that my family eats really unhealthy foods. Our family has changed a lot over the past few years! Sometimes I can have what they eat - just in a limited, calorie conscience way. Sometimes the meal is very healthy, but I just can't afford the calories. It's all about balance! And these past two weeks have proven to me just how important it is eat balanced meals.

I feel like I'm simply returning to the basics. The basics of weight loss. Eat right and count your calories. Exercise. Drink water. Sleep. And ta-da! You'll lose weight. It was so nice to have 2 successful weeks.

Short post, but I'm out of time. Thankful ~ Bekah

1 comment:

Sarah Mally said...

That's great, Bekah! :-)
Sarah