Friday, February 27, 2009

Something different!

Hurray! Hurrah! The scale showed a different number today. I am no longer stuck at 168! After staying the same for weeks on end and wondering if I would ever weigh anything but 168 pounds, I now weigh.........drumroll please............


One pound more. Yep - 169. Can you believe it? What is this body of mine up to? I don't know. But, I've chosen to look on the bright side - now I'll be happy to be back to 168! =)


I really have no regrets from this week. Nothing that I can look back at and say, "I wish I hadn't eaten that" or "I should have pushed myself harder". I got even more creative in my workouts this week. I was trying to think of different ways to do cardio, and one thing that I thought of was rather fun to do. I took about 12 pieces of wood (my family has a whole house woodburner, so we have an abundance of wood in our basement) and I made a "ladder" on the floor. Then I ran the length of the ladder, jumping up and popping my feet in and out of between the pieces of wood, being careful not to touch the wood. I'm sure you've seen people do this. It was great - my heart rate started to soar as I kept going and going, back and forth up and down the ladder. Give it a try! You can use any number of things to make a "ladder". Be creative!

I'm not really discouraged by the scale this week. The Lord is teaching me how to trust in Him alone, not the number that pops up on the scale. Because if I find my happiness and motivation in how much I weigh, I'll never be happy! I'll always be working and straining, pushing myself to meet an unrealistic goal. As long as I keep my focus on doing exactly what the Lord wants me to do, I'm content. The Lord is not trying to frustrate me! I've been growing so much through this period of "stuckness". I'm learning how to keep perservering when I don't see results. I'm learning how to trust the Lord to satisfy my desires. I'm learning to keep my focus on getting fit and healthy and not getting frustrated by the certain parts of my anatomy that don't seem to be dropping their fat deposits! =) So while I wish I could find the key to keep losing weight, I'm taking advantage all the lessons God is teaching me right now. The molding process isn't always easy and fun, but it's so worth it in the end!

Blessings ~ Bekah



`

No comments: