Monday, May 5, 2008

Change, change...Go Away!

I only have a few minutes to write this, as I'm leaving for a book sale in Sioux City today. Leaving the "safety" of home is always a challenge for me. I'm not in control of everything anymore! Who knows what food options I'll have or when it will work to exercise? I got up early this morning so I could exercise before we left. And even though I would have loved to sleep longer, I'm so glad I got my tail out of bed! I felt totally refreshed and ready to start the day. (I think my family secretly loves it when I exercise...I'm such a happy person afterward. :-) )

I've learned that trips require lots of prior planning. Especially food planning. I bascially figure out how long I'm going to be gone and how many snacks that adds up to be. Then I "assign" myself which snacks I'll eat and at what time. That way I don't have too many snacks and am tempted to eat the extras! When traveling, I try very hard to bring fruits and veggies as snacks, and not so much the nuts/pretzels/crackers stuff which don't really fill you up. I try to cut down on calories in the snack department so I have a little more leeway when it comes to meals.

Change in schedule is one the worst fears of people trying to lose weight. So many unknowns! This gives me GREAT practice in relying on God's strength and cooperating with the Holy Spirit in order to say "No!".

We might actually leave early, so I've got to run. Thanks for your prayers! Love, Bekah

1 comment:

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Bekah,

Your blog looks great! Thanks for being an encouragement to the rest of us to eat healthy and follow the Lord:)

-Tigger